We’re in the midst of summer, and some of us ladies are hiding our stomachs in one-pieces to go to the beach or the pool. We all want to look our best and get back those slimmer bodies that we once had. Remember when calories didn’t count and we could get away with eating almost anything? Unfortunately, that’s no longer the case, but Women’s Health Magazine has a few tips about how we can feel confident this summer.
- Work, work, work! No, I am not talking about your 9am-5pm job. I am talking about the exercise that we all dread doing during the hot summer months. Be sure to workout indoors or when the sun is not at its strongest. My suggestion is to workout in the morning because this will speed up your metabolism for the day. Either sign up for a full-body strength-training program, or create your own workout. Be sure to create a circuit of exercises that allow you to workout different muscles in your body. You should be working out at least three times a week if you want to see progress. Let’s get those bikini bodies on!!!
- The two b’s are the key: butt and belly. Your glutes (aka your butt muscles) are the biggest muscles in your body. Working these out will help your lower half look great. Bathing suit bottoms look amazing on a toned butt! Our belly is the central focus when we are wearing a bikini. Most women care the most about toning their stomachs. Be sure to add ab and glute exercises into all of your circuit workouts.
- Drink up! Unfortunately I am not talking about alcohol but rather good old H2O. Whether you believe it or not, dehydration could be the source of your weight problem. Workouts require that you drink tons of ice-cold water. The colder your water, the harder you will workout. Get this… The best way to get rid of excess water weight is to flush the body with more water. That sounds like an oxymoron, but it works! Fun fact: You should drink at least half your body weight in ounces everyday. So, if you are 150 pounds, you should drink 75 ounces of water a day.
- De-bloat with natural diuretics. What even are natural diuretics? These are foods, such as lemon, cucumbers, asparagus, and green tea that have a high concentration of potassium, vitamin C, magnesium, and/or caffeine. These foods will cause fluids to pass through your body at a higher speed, allowing your body to de-bloat. Even adding lemon to your water can help!
- Say no to carbs. We all love our carbs, but we also love our bikini bodies. Sometimes we have to sacrifice. As delicious as pasta, bread, and cookies are, we have to refrain from these items if we want to slim down. These items are loaded with preservatives and extra sodium, which can cause you to bloat. It’s pretty simple… If you can’t read one of the ingredients on the back of the package, DON’T eat it!
- Abstain from alcohol. Now I am talking to those that are 21-years-old and up. I am not saying that you cannot have a drink every once in a while, but try to limit yourself. You will not only reduce your calorie intake, but you will also sleep better and feel more energized for your next-morning workout. When you do choose to have a drink, be sure to drink a glass of water both before and after. Remember what I said before? Staying hydrated is so important for your body to function properly.
- Stand up straight. Whether you are standing or sitting, be sure to improve your posture. Wait, my posture can really make me look thinner? Yep, you heard right! Even if you haven’t lost one pound, standing up straight, while tucking your hips and engaging your core muscles will make you appear more toned. Having good posture is good for your back, and can help you look thinner. This is the easiest step, so work on that posture.
We hope these tips will help you feel more confident about your beach bod this summer! If you want a structured program that can help you look good and feel great, check out Studio Detox or Studio Lean. These programs can help to rid your body of unwanted toxins and help you feel energized and alive. Summer is already half over… What are you waiting for? Check out these Doctors Studio programs today!